Tuesday, September 24, 2019

I'm Souper, Thanks for Asking

Well last night was a breeze. I had a big mug of pureed cream of celery soup. When you eat a cup of soup with a tiny spoon it takes FOREVER. So you magically feel full. I ate outside with the dog by a fire, with my favorite playlist of songs. It made the meal a nice experience despite the lack of actual food.

Today I'm down 8 pounds. Not bad for 3 days! I did break my own rule and engage in some political banter on Facebook last night, and I can only blame the lack of food for that one because I NEVER do that. It wasn't even over the top, but the guy on the other end of it decided we aren't friends anymore. I'm a little bummed about that, but not binge on Reese's bummed. There's probably no chance of the world going back to the way it was before, right? Where people could just talk about important issues without drawing deep lines in the sand?

I've spent the day thinking about what flavor of soup I'll have tonight. The soup is getting me through because it feels like real food. I have a feeling I'll be a soup expert by the time I get to stage 3 soft foods post-op.

Boring blog, but it's all I've got. Go hug a friend and tell them love is stronger than politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment