Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Forty-One

I weighed in today and am officially down 41 pounds from the day I started my pre-op liquid diet, September 21st. I won't mind if this pace continues for another 40 pounds! People are really starting to notice now, which I didn't expect until I'd hit at least 50. That's what it took the last time I dropped a lot of weight.

I had egg salad from a local health food store for lunch. It didn't sit well. I'm going to dinner with my fellow non-meat-eating friends tonight. The restaurant has a special with butternut squash and vegan sausage. My tummy is still angry from lunch, so I'm a little nervous about dinner. But I want to support any restaurant that makes an effort to include creative vegetarian, pescatarian and vegan meals.

So my eating style is kind of hard, because I could and should be eating chicken and turkey at this point. But I don't want to. I did make some exceptions in recovery for some chicken broth and beef broth because I didn't have many options...or sometimes any options. But now that I'm mostly fully recovered, I'm back to only eating fish/seafood and no other meat. But I have to watch because I had tuna 4x in 2 days over the weekend, and I'll end up sick if I keep that up. Soon I can add back in shrimp which will help. Anyway, I eat low carb, low calorie, moderate fat, high protein. Nectar protein shakes are a huge help. But they aren't meal replacements, as they really only contain protein and no other nutritional value. They sure taste good though, mixed with Fairlife white milk.

Off to dinner now. I know this is boring, but I'm just trying to stay in the habit of writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment