Monday, June 29, 2020

I'm still here. Not all of me, but some of me.

I don't know if anyone ever stumbles into this space anymore, but I wanted to update you, just in case. Plus I'm trying to make it til 5:10 at work so I can feed some stray cats at the office next door after all of their busybodies go home!

It's now been almost 9 months since my surgery, and I'm down 93 pounds. I went from a size 24 to a size 12, and I'm between M-L shirts. My whole life feels different now. I'm happier, I don't have aches and pains, and I'm even dating. Even during Covid quarantine when I gave up on life and just settled into a diet of ice cream and goldfish crackers, I only gained a few pounds because I can't eat very much, even when I turn to junk. So June 1st I decided to get back on the wagon, and I dropped 15 pounds fast.

Just do it. Get the sleeve. You can spend your whole life fighting this demon, or you can get a quick procedure and get all of the help that you've deserved all along. I wondered if I was doing something TOO drastic. Nope. It was just the right amount of drastic to take me out of prison and show me what life is supposed to be like.


No comments:

Post a Comment