Tuesday, January 14, 2014

day two - still winning.

another successful day is in the books. i had an atkins bar and coffee for breakfast, and i even took the time to measure out my heavy cream for my coffee. lunch was a chicken breast which had some italian dressing on it - not thrilled with that, but i'll deal - , green beans and some salad. and for dinner, this monstrosity. low carb tortilla with buffalo dip as sauce, grilled chicken, cheddar, bacon, ranch, hot sauce and some grated parm. probably a BIT indulgent for day 2, but i ran OUTSIDE after work, so i felt ok about it. i didn't have any other snacks or treats today.

i got to have lunch with a really amazing friend i haven't been able to spend time with in many years. we became friends in 1st grade, bounced in and out of each other's lives through elementary school, lost touch in high school and recently reconnected when she moved back to the area. she was looking for inspiration in her journey toward a happier, healthier version of her wonderful self. and i was reminded that nothing motivates me more than motivating others. not skinny jeans or compliments or VS underpants... but having someone else say, "i want to do what you're doing, help me" just lights me up and reminds me that i am to be an example. in fact, that's part of the tops pledge that we recite each week:

"i am an intelligent person. i will control my emotions and not let my emotions control me. every time i tempted to use food to satisfy my frustrated desires, build up my injured ego or dull my senses, i will remember that my excess poundage is there for all the world to see, and i am to be an example of what tops can do as i take off pounds sensibly." 

the funny thing about the pledge is that it changed sometime during the years i was away from tops. it used to read "that my excess poundage is there for all the world to see how foolish i have been." i guess in the day and age of political correctness, we couldn't handle calling ourselves foolish. but we are oh so foolish at times, are we not? i made 100 foolish choices in the past 2 weeks, easily. so today i made at least 4 good choices, and canceled a few out. i'll knock out a few more tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment