Wednesday, November 16, 2011

slacker.

well i came here to say, "i don't feel like writing tonight, i'm going to be a slacker." i'm so tired. i barely slept last night. probably a combination of late evening cardio, a late dinner and then the remnants of my cold...combined with the fact that i have the most uncomfortable bed in the history of beds. including, but not limited to, fred flintstone's bed made of a slab of limestone. fact.

but now that i'm here, i might as well catch up.

i had made plans to take a friend out for a birthday dinner tonight. i had to offer up "your choice" and the choice was a place called danny boy's pizza. well i got a look at their menu and panicked. they have chicago style pizza. buffalo chicken nachos. mac and cheese pizza. sandwiches. ribs. pastas. on and on...this is one of those menus where you can't possibly decide what to get because it's all unique and delicious. i made up my mind that i would settle for a stupid salad (and not have it served on cheesy baked bread for an extra $2.00). well then i was saved by fate: danny boy's came off the table and i found myself at a pub instead. i got the soup/salad combo which was a small side salad, no cheese, balsamic vinaigrette on the side, and a huge bowl of vegetarian chili. oh my, was this chili amazing. a meat eater would NEVER know it wasn't real meat. it looked and tasted so real that i kept inspecting it just to be sure i hadn't been duped. it was unreal. my meal was "bottomless" but i was too embarrassed to ask for another bowl even though i would have loved one. i celebrated my dinner victory by treating myself to a tall skinny peppermint mocha at starbucks--only 100 calories, fyi.

last night was a raging success at the Y. it was my first 20 minute run in c25k, and i was nervous. but when my 20 minutes were up, i ran an extra minute just to prove that i could. after that i didn't feel like dying, and i went to zumba. followed that with yoga. expected to lose about 27lb this morning, but the scale didn't move. boo, hiss. although i don't think i've had a chance to tell you---after my sunday binge, i skipped the scale on monday. got on it tuesday expecting a 3-5 pound increase. instead it was down 6/10ths of a pound from friday. still in the 180's. whew!

so i'm having a pretty good week and hope to maintain that through the weekend despite some special events. my band is playing, and they are feeding us pizza from the same place that inspired the sunday binge. argh! i might eat one slice, we will see. but no more than that, if i eat any at all! my girlfriends are having a slumber party friday night that will include lots of snacks and beers. ack.

3 comments:

  1. My thoughts are that you have to be able to live your life and lifestyle. The fact that you are knowledgeable about healthy eating and trying to make the right choices is a big plus. I don't expect to never eat pizza again, although at the moment, I can't imagine it. I do expect to supplement any food, with the juices I have learned about to get plenty of nutrients. I think you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say, did you do the Monetize thing for your blog? I looked at it, but didn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did, but it's more trouble than it's worth!

    thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete